Star Ingredients: Almond butter, Chia seeds, Honey, Oats and Coconut Flakes
Snacks: Maybe that’s the one which we can’t live without – If you ask me personally. But what you put in your tummy in the name of snack definitely matters Every-Single-Time.
In today’s world, getting to eat healthy and yummy snack food is becoming a challenge. But we try. These energy bites/ balls is yet another food with lots of good for you nuts and seeds along with natural sweetener.
- Protein filled and much more
The ingredients can be easily replaced. Like Peanut butter for Almond butter, Cashews or Pistachios for Almonds, Maple syrup for honey Or even any seeds for chia seeds. There is absolutely no limit for mix and match of the combination.
I actually made it first time to use up the cheerios I was having around. Yes, literally I added cheerios and chocolate chips to this same recipe and it was a winner with both kids and adults. And a keeper.
You can also have them for after gym pick me up or evening sweet bite and even midnight snack(Pst…I will not judge).
Raw Vegan Energy Balls
Energy Balls filled with nuts, oats and honey.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Almond Butter – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 1/3 cup
- Coconut Flakes – 1/2 cup to 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Slivered Almonds – 2 tbsp.
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp. Optional
- Coconut flakes – 3 tbsp. for rolling
- In a small pan on medium-low flame, toast the coconut flakes. Make sure you stay near or they burn very very quickly. Take them into a cup and keep aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add almond butter, vanilla and honey and mix well.
- Now, add Oats, toasted coconut flakes, slivered almonds and chia seeds. Give it a good stir.
- Close the lid and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Take 1 tbsp. of the mixture and start rolling them into balls.
- You can leave them as is or roll them in coconut flakes. Enjoy !!
- Ingredients can be replaced with any nut butter.
- Nuts can be replaced with other nuts or seeds.
- Honey can be replaced by maple syrup.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.