Star Ingredients: Oats, Sunflower seeds, coconut oil, Wheat Bran
Start your day with water – your body will thank you.
Start your day with yoga – your mind will thank you.
Start your day with Wholesome breakfast – Both your mind and will thank you.
These Vegan-Whole Wheat-Coconut oil-Sunflower seeds-eggless cookie which doubles as your morning breakfast falls in that 3rd category. Enjoy !!
I bake a lot of cookies for my family but I also try to make them as healthy as I can while also making sure they are yummy. This cookie is no exception. It has all the good stuff in it which you can probably think of while also satisfying your vegan/vegetarian sweet cravings.
The Wheat Bran and Oat flour add much needed fiber and the coconut oil gives that moist and coconutty flavor. You don’t need to buy oats flour separately for this. Instead just process 1/2 cup of oats in your food processor to get 1/ cup of flour for this recipe.
As with any cookie, the add-ins are unlimited for this recipe. You can add chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and dry fruits like raisins or dry strawberries.
I sometimes like to bake nut-free cookies for a change. But you can add your choice of nuts instead of only seeds and also swap soy milk for Almond or regular milk.
These cookies are done in 10 mins in the oven. They might look sort of undone while in the oven. But once the edges are brown, its time to take them out and let them cool on the wire rack.
Vegan Chocolate chip cookies
Warm & Healthy Chocolate chip cookies
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Wheat Bran – 1/2 cup
- Oat Flour – 1/2 cup
- Milk of your choice – 1/3 cup
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup – Softened
- Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Sunflower seeds – 1 tbsp. (Optional)
- Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F or 190 degrees C. Line a Baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, add softened coconut oil, brown sugar and Milk. Mix it well to combine.
- In a Large bowl, add the dry ingredients – flour, wheat bran, oat flour and give it good mix. To the same, add baking powder, salt and baking soda and combine it well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the large bowl and stir it well.
- Now, add the sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and any other seeds if using. Mix to blend it well.
- Take 1 tbsp. of the dough, make it into a ball and place on the parchment paper. Press it gently with fork and press it again perpendicularly.
- Bake the cookies for 10-11 mins or until the edges are brown.
- Leave them on the baking sheet for 5 more mins and then transfer to the wore rack to cool completely.
- They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy !!
- The cookies stay fresh for 1 week on the counter and 2-3 weeks in the fridge. Or can frozen for upto 3 months.
- Add in nuts if you like nuts in your cookies.
IF you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to share, comment and connect!