What’s a synonym for Chocolate? Scroll down to the end of the post after the recipe for the answer.
J U M P TO T H E R E C I P E
Now that the smart question is answered, lets see what we can do with the chocolate. You see, millions of people like CHOCOLATE anything chocolate. But not most of us, me included exactly know whats the percentage of cocoa in each of the chocolate types we see everyday.
Here is the glimpse:
- Bitter Chocolate – 100 % cocoa – can only be used for baking
- Semisweet Chocolate – 35 – 55 % cocoa – with added sugar
- Milk Chocolate – 10% cocoa of course with milk and sugar
Everyone has different tastes and different likes. Some may like bitter and some may like milk chocolate. Two opposites of the spectrum. And someone like me is totally way outside of the spectrum liking white chocolate which is not so popular. But all in all we have chocolate in common which is what these muffins are about.
These chocolate muffins are simple, moist, vegetarian with one additional ingredient. its none other than coffee. Yes, coffee actually enhances the chocolate taste and flavor. Don’t believe it until you try it.
Moist & Yummy chocolatey muffins
- All Purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 3 tbsps.
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Avocado oil – 3 tbsp.
- Egg – 1
- Freshly brewed coffee – 1/4 cup
- chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line a Muffin tray with liners and keep it ready.
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder. Mix it well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg well and then add buttermilk and avocado oil.
- Now add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix it well.
- Add fresh brewed coffee and mix it thoroughly. Add chocolate chips and fold it well.
- Fill the muffin liners to 3/4 cup with the batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes and once the top looks done, its time to take them out of the oven.
- Frost them or enjoy them as is.
Synonym for Chocolate – COCOA.
Did you get it right? If so, comment below yes. Hey I need a confirmation that you are smart too 🙂
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
2 thoughts on “Chocolatey Chocolate Muffins”