How you weigh yourself matters !!
That was the title of the email I got from myfitness app this morning. It got me thinking…How you eat matters the most of how you look and feel. Its true. Our body is like a bank account with both good investments and bad ones. The returns are dependent on the choices we make.
With that said, I say healthy snacks are the good investments because we snack more times than our big meals in a day. Convenience foods are easy but are they healthy? Its like our mom tells us when we are teenagers,., there is easy path and right path to greatness. What you pick today will land you in the future accordingly. Easy might be simple to pick now but right path awards you well at the end.
But the question is “What is easy and what is right in terms of the healthy food choices”?
I wont bore you with already known truth of diets don’t work and healthy food should be a lifestyle and not to be followed for certain amount of time. For me, healthy choice matters in everything I put in my body. Right from enjoying coffee before I down my 2 cups of water as first thing in the morning. Or biting into that cookie half eaten by kids when I am looking for snacks instead of munching on peppers or carrot which are more filling and satisfying.
I don’t always win and honestly feel it shouldn’t be always like that. But I definitely think about my choice as soon as I enjoy it. Such is the life sometimes. I will tell you this, I try to make the healthy foods as convenience so that I grab those first than the non healthy ones. So, how do I do it? Here are some of the options.
- Cut the veggies like peppers or carrots into stripes and keep them ready.
- Make ahead those yummy choc chip cookies or muffins with whole wheat or oats or almond or atleast at home instead of store bought.
- Grab the yogurt cups on your grocery run which has more protein than sugar or simply use it as a yummy dip.
- Load up the fridge with fruits and veggies at eye level.
- Energy bites, bars or bliss balls made with good stuff
Check out all Healthy bites here.
- Nuts and seeds – use as is or as topping
Check out 2 ingredient maple pecans here.
- Granola – Click to check the recipe
And many many more. You will find more easy options once we opt for it. Try the trick of having right snacks for healthy food investments. I promise you will reap good benefits out it.
Tell us, whats your healthy investment? Please share in the comments below.