Oats-Honey-Almond-Coconut oil – Pumpkin seeds – Sunflower seeds
Need I say more?
Healthy, Crunchy, Tasty, Easy, Quick and YUMMY………again any more?
Breakfast, Snack, Icecream topping, Smoothie topping, sweet fix…….again?????
This granola is easy and quick to make, comes under 30 mins including the bake time. I love some easy to pour and eat kind of breakfast but just not the cereal. Its not a surprise that we have absolutely no cereal boxes in my home. Cereal never sticked with us except when we are at a hotel in our vacation. So, when I want healthy breakfast which is like ‘Make Once-Eat Twice(or many)’ I go for this easy one and change up the addins depending on my mood and pantry availability.
- How sweet – your pick
- Add-ins – your pick
- Chunky or crispy – your pick
- Choice of Nuts – your pick
You can also mix and match the sweetener, nuts, seeds of your choice. More info is given in the notes of the recipe.
Vanilla Almond Granola
Healthy, Sweet and super satisfying Granola in under 30 mins.
- Rolled oats (not instant) – 3 cups
- Light brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Honey – 1/3 cup
- Coconut oil – melted – ¼ cup
- Almonds – sliced – ¼ cup
- Pumpkin seeds – ¼ cup
- Sunflower seeds – 2 tbsp
- Heat the oven at 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Mix Oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt and mix coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture over the oats and give a good mix.
- Spread them on the lined baking sheets and bake them for 15-18 minutes.
- Once the bake time is 13 or 14 mins, take the pan out, add almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, mix them carefully with oats and put it back in the oven.
- Start checking at 15 mins mark, the oats should be golden – not too brown though.
- The top of the layer might look undone, but once the oats on the bottom are golden, its time to take it out.
- Mix them once again and leave to completely cool. The mixture will crisp up as it completely cools down.
- You can store it in airtight container for 1 week or store them in refrigerator to retain freshness.
Adapted from Chow
Have you tried this easy recipe? Let me know, tag us on Instagram at #smithasbakelove or leave a comment.