Soft and Chewy, Sweet and Nutty !!
Those are the words that popped out in my head on the first bites of these almond cookies. They are made with simple, natural and wholesome ingredients and dotted (literally) with chocolate chips to make them more scrumptious.
The cookies come together in under 30 mins and you dont need any fancy equipment or ingredients. It’s all made from your pantry ingredients and in simple quantities.
Maple syrup is your sweetener in these cookies. Addition of chocolate chips is just optional for that kid friendly chocolate kick. Otherwise, the syrup provides enough light sweetness which I like for my healthy and go to cookies.
The good fat from coconut oil and the egg we add are the binding agents for these soft low-carb cookies.
Maple Almond Cookies
Soft, Almond Chocolate chip Cookies which is both low carb and healthy
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (white or brown)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spread a parchment sheet or silpat on baking tray and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, maple syrup and mix it well. Add egg and vanilla and mix it again.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and salt to the maple syrup mixture. Stir it well to combine.
- Drop 1 tbsp of cookie dough on baking sheet in balls, press it gently and add the chocolate chips on top. Alternatively you can combine chocolate chips along with dough.
- Bake for 8-9 mins or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, let stand for 2-3 mins and carefully transfer them onto the cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!!!
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org