There is nothing romantic more than Roses and chocolate they say!!
Might I add Ice cream to the mix and side the chocolate for a few minutes. You know – just to prove my point!!
So, how would you like to indulge yourself on hot summer night after a day’s work??
9 out of 10 people(I know) say Ice cream, and the 10th person is lying.
Rose Ice cream is one of those rich indulgent dessert, which you would want to enjoy the floral and romantic vibe in every spoon.
We have a tradition of having Ice cream on weekend summer nights. However, this summer I wanted to try my hand at making ice cream at home often and more importantly with less ingredients where I can control the amount of sugar that goes into it.
Its rich, indulgent, creamy, fragrant with floral notes. Definitely melts in the mouth and easy to prepare for those summery nights.
More over, all my ice cream recipes are vegetarian and can be easily adapted to vegan by simply using vegan cream or coconut cream.
Also check other recipes with these ingredients:
Make sure you use food grade Rose water and only 1/2 tsp with this recipe. Rose water in general can be very strong, adding more will overpower the Ice cream instead of that subtle romantic & floral vibe.
Take the dried rose petals in a small bowl and add warm/hot milk. Leave them for 1 hour. Make a paste of this in small food processor.
Then simply whip the cream and sugar. Add the remaining ingredients along with rose petal paste. Freeze it for 4-8 hours. That’s it.
Your romantic dessert is ready to serve!!
If you would like to make it extra special, you can add more rose petals like I did or serve it with nuts or seeds on the top.
For those, who would love to bring back the chocolate into the “romance” mix we spoke about in the beginning, go ahead and drizzle the chocolate on top of the ice cream. But be advised that chocolate might cover the subtle taste of roses……..You have been warned!!
Floral Rose Ice cream
Ice cream, that is Sweet & Fragrant in little doses !!
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk (2%) + 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 cup Milk powder
- 1/2 tsp food grade Rose water
- 4 tbsp Dried Rose petals
- Take the dried rose petals in a small bowl and add warm/hot milk. Leave them for 1 hour. Make a paste of this in small food processor. It might not be a smooth paste and that’s ok.
- In a medium bowl or bowl of kitchenaid with whisk attachment, add heavy cream and sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved and well combined. No need for soft/stiff peaks.
- Add Milk, milk powder, rose water, rose petals paste and mix well to combine
- Mix and then wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge give a good mix and then use icecream maker to get the churned icecream. You can get almost similar consistency by just freezing it in freezer safe bowl.
- Leave the churned or mixed cream in the freezer for 8 hours for that yummy icecream consistency.
- Mix in nuts like pista, almonds, pumpkin seeds or even rose petals
- Let the icecream set for atleast 4 hours.
- Can be adapted to vegan by simply using vegan cream or coconut cream instead of heavy cream.
Check Out the Coffee Ice cream which is simple, easy and ready with just 5 ingredients – I posted last week.
Pssstt, Come back for Mango Ice cream next week. You wont be disappointed!!
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org