Warm, Just out of the oven is usually my favorite treat. And if the baked goods are made in the fall/winter seasons, they taste even more yummy in my opinion.
Pumpkin Spice Loaf is one of those which I make on the wintry afternoons and there are no leftovers by next day. My plans of saving them for afternoon snacks for next week doesnt usally pan out. But, I am happy to repeat this treat over and over.
I usually like to use whole wheat flour or oat flour or wheat germ or anything to substitute regular flour in baked goods. But this loaf is one of the few goodies I make with all purpose flour alone as I dont want to make it too heavy.
Also the addition of the roasted pumpkin seeds on top and in the batter gives that extra crunchy yumminess along with nutrition.
You can devour these loafs as-is or with some butter or with even more pumpkin seeds as my husband does.
Pumpkin Spice Loaf
Breakfast or snack - Fall or Winter - This Pumpkin Spice loaf tops it all.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl of kitchenaid, mix wet ingredients – vegetable oil, sour cream, pumpkin puree and eggs.
- In another bowl, add and mix – flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds with the batter. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds over the top. Totally optional.
- Bake for 50-55 mins or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take the pan out of oven, let cool in the pan. Invert onto wire rack. Cut into thick pieces.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com