As in the simple Almond crackers you can whip up in no time!!
These are the simple, yet versatile with endless combos which can also be made in sweeter version kind of crackers. Did I cover everything in single statement…….yep, that’s everything!
I made crackers before with turmeric and sesame seeds but more like thick granola bits. This time around, I wanted to make thin, crunchy, nutty crackers. But I also wanted to try them with the famous ‘Everything but Bagel’ seasoning which you can get at Costco. (Psst…Its a huge jar..try it).
We love our seasoning on top of avocado toast for breakfast. You get the creamy taste from avocados, crunchy from the seasoning and slight heat from the spoonful of spicy or hot sauce on top. No need to ever skip your breakfast ever!
Anyway, the almond flour crackers are the basic recipe where you combine almond flour, egg, salt, pepper. Add everything seasoning to take it to the next level and you will not regret one bit to try it.
I have seen some recipes where you have to roll and then seperate the crackers. But with this recipe, you just need to roll it on parchment or silpat, cut it with pizza cutter or knife, place the parchment/silpat directly on the cookie sheet to bake. That’s it. No fuss or multiple rounds of scrapping and rolling the dough multiple times.
You can adapt it to your own. Really, the flavor combos are endless. Though I haven’t tested any of these, some ideas would be — Instead of everything seasoning,
- Add Garlic and onion
- Spice them up with chilli flakes
- Add herbs and seeds
- Make it citrusy with some lemon pepper.
- Go simple with rosemary and sea salt.
- Sweeten them with cinnamon and sugar instead of salt, pepper and bagel seasoning.
I hope you give these a try. Let me show you how.
Everything Bagel Almond Flour crackers
Healthy and tasty Almond flour crackers with just 5 ingredients
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 .5 tsp Bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except egg and mix well. Add egg in the end, mix it well and slowly move the batter on to the silpat sheet. (Or parchment paper). The mixture will be very sticky.
- Take another parchment paper to cover the batter. Use the rolling pin to roll the mixture thin to 1/8 inch thin.
- Remove the paper, using the pizza cutter or butter knife, cut into 1 inch squares. Life the parchment paper/silpat sheet slowly and move onto medium size cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes first. The pieces on the edges cooks first and start to brown. Remove from oven, transfer the pieces on the edge onto cooling rack. Return the cookie sheet back to baking for another 7-8 miniutes.
- In total, the crackers should be baked for 14-15 minutes. It might take couple of minutes longer if you rolled them thicker.
- Once the crackers are light brown, its time to take them out of the oven. Let them cool completely. Crackers become more crunchy as they cool.
- The flavor can be changed to 1/2 tsp garlic or onion powder. Make it more spicy with a 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika.
- Make them sweet flavored by adding 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 3 tbsp of sugar instead of salt and black pepper.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com