Have you ever tried moringa leaves / Drumstick leaves fry?
This mouth-watering dish will fascinate you for sure! This luscious item can be an absolute solution when invite friends for lunch or dinner. Even in breakfast, it can be best served with dosa and all. No sambhar was complete without the moringa. This fry has an ample amount of fiber and value-added nutrients.
The leaves are rich in antioxidants, protein, minerals, and vitamins A, B, and C. These leaves are a good source of dietary fiber and contain vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. If you compare moringa leaves with your usual power-food, you may be amazed by the big, big difference.
For instance, a gram of moringa leaves contains seven times more vitamin C than a gram of orange. The calcium content of these leaves is four times higher than milk. Who told carrots is the best solution for your eyesight? A gram of this leaf contains four times more vitamin A than a gram of your crunchy carrot. Doctors are also prescribing these leaves to the person having blood pressure and diabetics.
Up until few months ago, we didn’t have a steady supply of this golden greens available to us in NJ. At least not the fresh ones. But, the tide has changed with new Indian groceries popping up here and the desi greens are seeing the light of the day.
With addition of loads of garlic and spoons of yellow Moong Dal combined with good chunks of big onion pieces, the healthy greens fry is so decadent and super healthy which you should add to your weekly greens intake. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
You can even get Moringa powder on Amazon which makes for one healthy and easy additions to your smoothies. The powder doesnt have any taste and can be literally sprinkled or mixed on any food/beverages.⠀⠀⠀
In this blog, we will describe to you how to make moringa leaves fry. This is a simple stir fry.
Moringa leaves fry is best served on the side with rice and Indian tortilla aka Chapati.
Moringa Leaves Stir Fry!
Nutrition dense beautiful greens with fantastic health benefits and exceptional taste. You gotta try this stir fry for sure!
- 1 bunch Moringa leaves (picked off the stems-washed)
- 2 tbsp Moong Dal (Yellow) soaked in water for atleast 30 mins
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp tadka items
- 4 garlic pods – cut to tiny pieces
- Pinch of asafetida powder
- 1 big onion, slicked into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp chili powder
- In a small stainless steel bowl, take 2 cups of water. Let it come to boil – add the washed moringa leaves and blanch for good 4-5 minutes. Strain and keep it aside.
- In a medium pan, add oil, tadka items, garlic and let them sputter. Add asafetida powder.
- Add onions and fry them until they are light in color. Now add the soaked yellow dal and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add the leaves and fry for 10-12 minutes until they turn deep green.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and chili powder and keep frying for 3-4 minutes.
- Enjoy with rice or Indian tortilla.
IF you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to share, comment and connect!