What can you make with all this healthy stuff???? Fry it – mix it – powder it- roll it…… and that becomes Healthy Sesame bites – Great for snacking, after gym pick me up or just because you are craving something healthily sweet.
If you want some serious nutrition in your daily food, look no further than Sesame balls or Sesame bites. Growing up in India, we didn’t know the amazing health benefits of sesame seeds but they were always included as default in our daily life. Be it cooking with sesame oil, special or festival dishes, skin or hair care, powdered or oil, Sweet or savory dishes, the sesame seeds are always included in one form or the other. We enjoyed the benefits without knowing the treasure of information on these miniscule seeds.
- Contains healthy fat like poly unsaturated fatty acids & Omega-6
- Good source of Calcium, Magnesium and dietary fiber
- Sesame seeds especially black has more Iron than the white ones.
- Rich in Vitamin B1 and Magnesium too.
- Reduces facial skin issues from within.
- Anti-aging & triggers hair growth.
If you think these are great, this recipe also has Almonds, Oats and Pumpkin seeds too along with sweetener Jaggery. Jaggery is a concentrated product of date, cane juice, or palm sap without separation of the molasses and crystals, and can vary from golden brown to dark brown in color.
Combining the nuts, grains and seeds along with Jaggery gives these beautiful nutty-sweet balls aromatic addictive taste. Be sure to try it.
5 ingredients Sesame Bites / Balls
Nutty-Sweet Balls with 5 ingredients
- Sesame seeds – ¾ cup
- Almonds – ¼ cup
- Oats – ¼ cup
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Grated or Powdered Jaggery – ¾ cup
- In a pan on medium heat, dry roast almonds for 3-4 minutes. Remove them into a cup.
- Into the same pan, add oats and roast them on low for 5 minutes. Add them to almonds.
- Again add pumpkin seeds to the same pan, fry for 1-1.5 mins and remove them.
- Lastly add sesame seeds on medium flame and fry until the raw smell changes into nutty flavor. Once the seeds slightly change the color, remove them onto a plate separately from almonds-oats-pumpkin seeds.
- Let all of them cool completely.
- Take almonds-oats-pumpkin seeds into food processor first and blend them to powder. Now, add sesame seeds and pulse them to powder too.
- Finally add Jaggery and blend them one more time. Make sure its combined well. The oil from the sesame seeds is enough to bind them. But if the mixture looks dry, you can add 1-2 tsp of milk and grind it again.
- Take everything into a bowl and start rolling them into balls.
- Sesame bites stay fresh on the counter in an air tight container for upto 1 week.
- You can also blend everything coarse and then add Jaggery.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on: email@example.com