A delicious dessert to make your occasion more interesting
Cakes are made with love! There are ample good reasons to enjoy a nice cake, and you can be in no doubt that the soft creamy of a well-made cake can bring a good moment of happiness and cheerfulness to your life. The cake is not just a dessert for a party. It carries the emotions of the particular event.
Be it a birthday or anniversary or any special happenings, it is always at the top of the list. So you need to be careful about the theme of the occasion before preparing a cake. The first thing you need to look after is the texture and taste that the cake will have and its ingredients. This is really crucial because a nice-looking cake is meaningless unless it tastes really yummy.
Who doesn’t like Ferrero Rocher? And a cake with coatings of rich chocolate sponge smothered liberally with Nutella filled Buttercream & the crunchy bites of hazelnuts on the top. This is definitely going to be a hit with anybody who knows their chocolate right. The cake is topped off with either Strawberry ice cream or whole Ferrero Rocher chocolates placed on top. The cake has the right balance of crispiness from the Ferrero Rocher shell, the smoothness of the delicate and delicious sponge cake.
You can choose this Ferrero Rocher cake for its incredible look or to enjoy it as a whole. If you want to up your cake game with unique taste and flavor, you may try this cake and don’t look back again. This cake looks so yummy and certain to make lasting impression on your guests/family and friends. The taste and look of both will fascinate you and others for sure!!
I made a mini version of the cake as its already very luxurious. But you can easily double (6 inch) or triple(8 inch) it for full cake.
Few Tips to make Ferraro Rocher Cake:
- Make sure you whisk the eggs and sugar really really well until its double in size. This step is very important.
- Once the egg mixture is double, fold in the dry ingredients. Use Spatula to fold the ingredients instead of using the mixer. Careful not to overmix.
- Make sure you use roasted and crushed hazelnuts for that authentic Ferraro Rocher taste. I used hazelnut powder as I was planning to pipe the buttercream on top of the cake instead of just coat it. You can pick either way.
- I used Nutella in this recipe but 1 tbsp cocoa powder works too. But, I have not tested this ingredient in my recipe.
- Add few bits of crushed wafers on top of the cake, if you like the wafers crunch. I skipped this step.
- Always let the cake cool completely before topping it off or decorating with buttercream.
Bake this unique and delicious cake for any special event and serve. It is one of the most delicious and rich cakes you can prepare for upcoming holidays or any special occasion. It may take some more time to prepare but the efforts are definitely worth it and your guests or family will be asking for seconds and the recipe of course.
This lip-smacking Cake is made with layers of hazelnut Sponge Cake, rich Nutella Buttercream, and crunchy hazelnut bits. This cake can be a luscious dessert for any occasion.
Let’s see how easy it is to prepare!
Mini Ferraro Rocher Cake
Unique Flavor & Tasty Ferraro Rocher Cake for your special Occasion!
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Hazelnut Flour
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 stick or 4 oz Butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted Hazelnuts
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 4 inch round baking pan with parchment paper, spray with oil and keep it ready.
- Add eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk them until light and fluffy using hand mixer of stand mixer.
- Make sure the volume has doubled up.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold them gently. Do not overmix.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake for 25-30 mins. Toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean or with crumbs.
- Let the cake cool completely before decorating with buttercream.
- Cream Butter and sugar in the mixer. Add other ingredients listed in the buttercream section. Decorate as you wish! Enjoy!!!!
IF you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to share, comment and connect!