Star Ingredients: Oats, Maple Syrup
Lets just say its 5’o clock in the afternoon and you are insanely hungry and the whole day you have been maintaining your healthy eating habits are about to crash as you are out of options. Fast….think fast what else HEALTHY can you eat? Scramble the cupboards, fridge and even pantry.
Thats me….most of the weekdays. The gym, 8 cups of water, healthy eats like nuts, fruits, quinoa, millet are all ticked off at this point. And I am desperate. Its one of those days I tumbled upon ‘Granola in Microwave’ & ‘Oil less Granola in the oven’. Hmm, What if I club both options.
I wanted to make something in 5 minutes including the prep and cook time. Didnt want to deal with oil or oven. So I mixed it, tested it, tasted it and voila….its yummy and quick.
This recipe as with all granola recipes is interchangeable with nuts, seeds, include healthy fats like coconut oil, Avocado oil, add chocolate chips or 60-90% Cocoa based chocolate etc etc.
What makes it more appealing is its done in 5 mins and you are a happy camper to get you through lunch or dinner.
Since the recipe is more like 1 serving, I am going to call it SNACK rather than breakfast. But feel free to double or triple it for your breakfast option.
Lets get the ball rolling.
2 mins Oil-free Microwave Granola
Granola in less than 5 mins
- Oats (Old Fashioned) – 4.5 tbsps.
- Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp.
- Sliced Almonds – 1 tsp
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tsp
- Sunflower seeds – 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Take the first 5 ingredients in a microwavable and deep bowl, mix it well. 2. Add a pinch of salt and give it a stir one more time.
- Cook in the microwave in increments of 30 secs for 1 minute.
- Cook for another 30 secs to get that last crunch on the oats.
- Leave on the counter for few minutes to cool down.
- If you wants clusters, add 1 tsp of maple syrup after first 11/2 minutes and microwave for 30 secs more.
- Leave it undisturbed until it completely cools down. Enjoy !!
- Every microwave is different. So go with 10 sec increments after the first 1.30 minutes, so as not to burn the food.
- You can add chocolate chips or baking chocolate bits after it comes out of the microwave and give it thorough mix. Mmm Chocolatey.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please share your comments at #smithasbakelove or in the comment section.